Friday, January 26, 2007

Some people told me that extremes of emotion make you want to write... Extremes of anger, sadness, joy, desperation, boredom...


Today was a day of extremes... It started off on a sour note when I went to the lab an hour late... Because I didn't wake up earlier...I started to work again after two days of taking a break ... Because none of my experiments were working and I thought taking some time off might help me think better.. or maybe i just needed to freak out...

so today i went thro with a few changes to my existing protocol after some vigorous searching through the internet...full of hope, optimism and positivity.... but God had other plans for me in store... the experiment failed again... and it has been close to a month... i was fed up.. lost.. desperate.. dejected and downtrodden...

i racked my brains hard to think what the problem could be.. And came up with zilch.. And so as the day dragged on.. Coffee break.. chit chat... lunch.. browse aimlessly... Coffee break again.. browse more aimlessly ( dont ask me what the difference between aimless and more aimless is.. that probably is the most aimless question....)... And then it so happened that Vignesh, my senior had booked tickets for a cultural program by the students of NUS... Frankly, given my state of mind, i wasnt quite looking forward to it...

So thats the bad half of the day...The better half will come tomorrow / in my next post , which hopefully should be sometime soon.. Its 1 AM here and my biological clock hasn't seen this time for quite a while..

adios

No comments:

Post a Comment